Please read the rules and conditions below before buying your CSA!
You will be agreeing to all these when you complete and purchase your chosen membership level on our website.
GOOD TREE FARM OF NEW EGYPT
RULES – CONDITIONS - RESPONSIBILITIES
- Crop Availability: I agree to accept the effects of weather conditions, and other agricultural production challenges, on the variety and quantity of specific crops at different times in the season. I understand that this means I may not have what I want, or as much of it as I want, at certain times of the year. I will not blame Good Tree Farm should such a situation occur. Natural disasters, like hurricanes, may also wipe out a whole season, in which case I willingly accept to wait until the next harvest starts after recovery.
- Start of Ordering with discounted price: I accept that I will be able to order crops with my CSA discount only when crops become available.
- Ordering for Shipping: I understand and accept that the farm will do its best to ship my order as soon as possible, but that it may be a few days before my order ships - especially in the busiest times of the year.
- Shipping vs. Pick up at the farm: Some items will not be shipped and require pick up at the farm. For example leafy vegetables (during June, July and August) and produce the farm deems too ripe or fragile to be shipped safely (e tomatoes and eggs). I accept that if I want those items I have to come to the farm to pick them up.
- Delivery Dates: I understand that delivery will be via the US Postal Service and, as such, handling is not in the control of Good Tree Farm. I will accept an order-delivery period that is slightly longer than the 1-2 days promised by US Postal Service.
- In case of shipping damage: I accept that should my shipped order arrive damaged, due to rough handling by USPS, Good Tree Farm will provide a replacement order for me to pick up; but that no further shipping to my address will be allowed.
- Pick up Times at the farm: Pick up of CSA customer orders at the farm will be restricted to the designated days and hours for each CSA season. If weather conditions (like heavy rains, storms and hurricanes) or other unforeseen emergencies prevent/delay delivery or pick up, I will be notified by Good Tree Farm via Email/Facebook/Twitter only, but not with phone calls. I understand that, should bad weather prevail, it is my responsibility to confirm my ability to pick up my order at the farm before driving out.
- Refunds: There shall be no cash refunds. I accept that I am responsible to place orders against my balance and that my CSA balance will reset to zero at the end of October the second season, regardless how much of my balance I have remaining.
- Communication: I agree to provide Good Tree Farm with an email that I frequently check and agree that communication will be via Email/Facebook/Twitter only. Due to time restrictions of the small staff, no phone call communication on the part of Good Tree Farm is possible - and I accept that.
- Ethics and Fairness Pledge:
- I pledge not to blame Good Tree Farm for bad weather or its effects on their ability to harvest.
- I pledge not to expect/demand to pick up my CSA order outside the season-specific pick up times.
- I pledge not to violate this contract, or make demands beyond the rights guaranteed me under this CSA contract.
GOOD TREE FARM OF NEW EGYPT:
- Crop Availability: We will endeavor to provide the widest variety of crops to our customers and carry out any production practices that protect our crops from the negative effects of bad weather, insects and diseases.
- Ordering Deadlines: We will make sure to collect all orders only after the ordering deadline has passed. All orders will be processed, packed and shipped the next morning without delay.
- Delivery Dates: We will ensure all orders are picked up by the US Postal Service the day they are supposed to go out in order to guarantee the highest possible chance they will be delivered early and in good condition. If we fail for any reason, we will notify theCSA customer by email and work to get their order shipped as soon as possible.
- Pick up Times at the farm: The farm will be open for order pick up on the designated days and we will diligently manage prompt updating of status to ensure good and clear communication with all customers regarding possible farm closure due to weather or other factors.
- Refunds: There shall be no refunds. CSA customers have two seasons to use up their balance - in produce.
- Communication: We will communicate as regularly as possible with all customers via email, our website and our Facebook page. This will occur at least once a week and possibly 2-3 times per week if work load permits.
- Ethics and Fairness Pledge:
- We pledge to do our utmost to negate negative effects of bad weather and to attempt to harvest even in the most difficult conditions.
- We pledge to always facilitate CSA order pick up within the season-specific pick up times.
- We pledge to uphold all articles in this CSA contract and treat all our customers respectfully.