Please read the contract below before buying your Congregation's Discount Membership. You will be agreeing to all these when you complete and purchase your membership on our store.
GOOD TREE FARM OF NEW EGYPT
Congregation Supported Agriculture (CSA) Contract
- Crop Availability: Our congregation agrees to accept the effects of weather conditions, and other agricultural production challenges, on the variety and quantity of specific crops at different times in the season. Our congregation understands that this means we may not have what we want, or as much of it as we want, at certain times of the year. Our congregation will not blame Good Tree Farm should such a situation occur. Natural disasters, like hurricanes, may also wipe out a whole season, in which case our congregation willingly accepts to wait until the next harvest starts after infrastructure recovery.
- Start of purchasing with discounted prices: Our congregation accepts that it will be able to buy with the CSA discount only when crops become available.
- Purchasing Times at the farm: Purchasing times at the farm will be restricted to the weekend hours set by Good Tree Farm for each season. If weather conditions (like heavy rains, storms and hurricanes) or other unforeseen emergencies require the farm to close, we will be notified by Good Tree Farm via Email/text message only, but not with phone calls. Our congregation understands that, should bad weather prevail, it is our responsibility to confirm that the farm is open before driving out.
- Communication: I agree to provide Good Tree Farm with an email that I frequently check and agree that communication will be via Email/Facebook/Twitter only. Due to time restrictions of the small staff, no phone call communication on the part of Good Tree Farm is possible - and I accept that.
- Ethics and Fairness Pledge:
- We pledge not to blame Good Tree Farm for bad weather or its effects on their ability to harvest.
- We pledge not to expect/demand the farm to open outside the season-specific hours.
- We pledge to protect Good Tree Farm's online reputation from any defamatory posts by any members of our congregation.
- We pledge not to violate this contract, or make demands beyond the rights guaranteed our congregation under this CSA contract.
Good Tree Farm of New Egypt:
- Crop Availability: We will endeavor to provide the widest variety of crops to our customers and carry out any production practices that protect our crops from the negative effects of bad weather, insects and diseases.
- Purchasing Times at the farm: The farm will be open for purchases in the designated days and hours for the season, and and we will diligently and promptly update our status via email or text to ensure good and clear communication with all CSA members regarding possible farm closure due to weather or other factors.
- Communication: We will communicate as regularly as possible with all CSA members via email or text. This will occur at least once a week and possibly 2-3 times per week if work load permits.
- Ethics and Fairness Pledge:
- We pledge to do our utmost to negate negative effects of bad weather and to attempt to harvest even in the most difficult conditions.
- We pledge to always facilitate CSA order pick up within the season-specific pick up times.
- We pledge to uphold all articles in this CSA contract and treat all our customers respectfully.